[civsoc-mw] Use of indigenous languages

KPD maluwakpd at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 16:10:12 CAT 2020

I think Nyanja\Chichewa was already widely used prio to being made a
national language.

I travelled to all the districts except Chitipa and Rumphi in 70s and 80s.
I was able to communicate in Chichewa with all people I met. Right up to
Makanjira, Chiromo,  Santhe, Embangweni, Euthini, Wimbe etc.

I felt comfortable wherever I went. Now you want to create a Malawi that
will require me to have a translator when I go to Khonjeni.

Let's not get excited with languages. Why have MPs who cannot interrogate
the national budget. Projects are funded every  year and no one knows where
the money goes to.

Has any MP ever asked why Nsanje slab was constructed without a feasibility
study? How much money was wasted on it and who was responsible for that
wastage?

All we have are greedy people who know how to clap their hands when funny
projects are sold to them for the sole purpose of MONEY LAUNDERING.

Kunena zoona ku parliament sikwa every Thom and Harry. Some of those people
are only good for a Council seat.