[mw-reg-national-l] invite TNM+ Airtel to present on webinar - Re: Malawi has the most expensive 1GB of data - is it true?

Dr P Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Mon Jul 13 11:23:54 CAT 2020

Colleagues,

The issue on "Malawi has the most expensive 1GB of data" seems confusing even to us as
captains of the ICT industry in Malawi, it clearly needs to be clarified among us as well as to
the general public. The picture seems muddy and unsatisfactory.

I would therefore like to suggest that we invite TNM, Airtel to make authoritive presentations
to clarify the issue in a webinar or online such as via zoom, soon, may be sponsored by
MISPA or ATO with facilities hosted by TNM and may be open only to MISPA and ATO
members for now. I am proposing TNM facilities because we at MISPA have some
experience with these but we can also receive offers from other providers.

>From the discussion on these mailing lists and from TNM CEO recent press appearances, it
appears that we as a sector may have a case to answer.

Others, including ACCESS, Globe etc,  have raised diffences for rates on the market but
appear unconvincing since they do not show PAYG rates that caused this issue to arise, they
can also prepare material for the webinar.

Do TNM and Airtel accept this invitation or challenge so that we can set a date ?

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
Malawi SDNP PC: http://www.sdnp.org.mw