[Mispa-management-l] Fw: SUTENE : TNM - bad TNM address config at the MIX - Re: Installation of New Akamai Gateway at Malawi Internet Exchange

MISPA Chairperson mispa-chair at mix.mw
Mon Nov 11 12:39:07 CAT 2019

On 8 Nov 2019 at 6:09, Sutene Mwalwanda wrote:

>     Dear Akamai Team,
>
>     This is Sutene from TNM.
>
>     I write to inform you that we have deployed a new router to be used as the Akamai gateway
>     and also interface to other parties who will be accessing Akamai Caching services in Malawi, as
>     such there are configuration changes that need to be completed to finish the process.
>
>     I’d like to confirm with you the BGP peer configured on your side. If its 41.78.249.33, then
>     change to 41.78.249.36.

Sutene, you seem to be creating a problem.

I have been away to ICANN66 hence my delayed response on this and apologies if I am a bit behind on the issue.

You cannot unilately change the IP address for the BGP peer for Akamai and you cannot do this for the GGC either because these are configured in these services and the subnets that we at MISPA issued to these CDN services.

For Akamai, the peer on the MIX side is on 196.223.27.65. So, the TNM router interface MUST be configured to this address 196.223.27.65.

Akamai has no access to your IP address 41.78.249.36 and this address is NOT on the MIX peering addresses, so, it is very much out of order for you to be asking Akamai to peer on this address just as it is to ask any MIX peer to do so.

So, please configure your TNM router to 196.223.27.65 for TNM to continue to use and access the Akamai service.

Your TNM transit MUST also be on 196.223.27.65 for the Akamai cache.

Here attached is the MIX logical diagram, please make sure that your IP address configs are in line with the agreements that we have at the MIX with all the other peers.

Regards,

Paulos
======================
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
NIC.MW & .mw ccTLD
http://www.registrar.mw
Tel:  +265-(0)-882 089 166
Cell: +265-(0)-888-824787
WhatsApp: +265-(0)-887386433

>     Best Regards,
> Sutene Mwalwanda | IP Core & ISP Network Engineer
> Telekom Networks Malawi Plc
> 5th Floor, Livingstone Towers, Glyn Jones Road | P.O Box 3039 | Blantyre, Malawi
> Mobile: +265 881 402 532 | Phone: +265 881 402 532 | Web: www.tnm.co.mw |
> Office:+265888800800
>                                                          Follow TNM:
>

> This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If
> you have received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this
> message or disclose its contents to anyone. Please send us by fax any message containing deadlines as incoming e-mails are
> not screened for response deadlines. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.

> believed to be clean.

Malawi SDNP Webmail: http://www.sdnp.org.mw
Access your Malawi SDNP e-mail from anywhere in the world.

Paulos
Dr Paulos Nyirenda
Malawi SDNP Coodinator