[Mispa-management-l] Direct Google Cache Peering

Dr P Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Mon Dec 9 17:15:22 CAT 2019

On 9 Dec 2019 at 6:51, Mphatso Manda wrote:

>     Dear Paulos
>
>     Kindly share feedback on the below request

I needed to do some consultations on this since the issue involves other players at the MIX.

In terms of capacity and facilities, the MIX has the capacity and the facilities to satisfy this
request from Airtel.

We can issue and reserve an additonal port for Airtel, we can issue a new IP address for the
new Airtel interface for peering and GGC ingress distribution. Given these I see no issue with
TNM setting up a new BGP session for GGC ingress distribution to Airtel.

Airtel will need to deploy a new device interface at the MIX.

I would like to request you to confirm how Airtel will provice the new device interface.

I would also like to advise that MISPA has been discussing putting in place port fees at the
MIX to help support its operations and technical support now that MISPA have hired a
technician to support the MIX.

There will be a meeting of the MISPA Management Committee (MMC) on 20 December
2019 from 10am where this issue will also be presented. Please provide the above and any
other details which the MMC can deliberate on. I am sure that the MMC can produce a
resolution on your issue if you provide a firm request to MISPA.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
Malawi SDNP PC: http://www.sdnp.org.mw