[Mispa-management-l] test phase up - (Fwd) Re: Akamai service up yet ? -

Dr P Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Mon Apr 29 15:01:17 CAT 2019

Limbika,
Skyband,

As you can see here below, Akamai is now asking that we at MISPA and on MIX should start
announcing prefixes for networks to be served by the Akamai cache at the MIX.

This is an indication that they are now ready to start the production phase of the Akamai
cahce at the MIX.

I would therefore like to find out if Skyband can provide one or two prefixes that we can use
at this phase.

Since you have some experience with the Akamai cache, you could most likley help us move
forward to full production by assisting to test the service at this stage.

Once you have these prefixes tehn we just need to work with TNM to put them online through
the MIX.

Additionally, as you may have already seen on the MISPA mailing list we have now secured a
second /24 size  IPv4 address block that will now enable us to allocate a second transit
provider on the MIX. Would Skyband now be able to offer transit for something like the
Akamai cache?

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda