[civsoc-mw] Kamuzu biography

John Lwanda lwanda2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 22:35:57 CAT 2022

An eminent historian once, in a firm but friendly way, admonished some Malawians (then, including me) obsession with Dr Banda's private life - where this private life did not intrude into national affairs.There is no evidence that Merene did any harm to Malawi. In fact, one could argue that she was, after being 'abandoned in Ghana', hard done by. Seretse Khama did not abandon his English wife.
John Lwanda