[civsoc-mw] Use of indigenous languages

KPD maluwakpd at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 19:19:14 CAT 2020

I listened to the discussion last night on Zodiak radio. I have also seen
the petition and believe we are going backwards.

The problem of Chichewa was Kamuzu's insistence on its purity. We should
have allowed it to grow by adopting various, easy to use, words from other
languages.

Words like windo, galasi, sipuni, wani,  thu, firi, folo etc were borrowed
from English. I see no reason why other words from other Malawian languages
can not be incorporated. Why can't we use 'ada' instead of 'bambo' and so
on.

I don't see Malawi advancing just because we have declared 10 languages
official.

A languages units and many languages divide.