[civsoc-mw] 50+1 for Councillors and MPs

pia likoya plikoya at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 17 01:20:41 CAT 2020

according to wiki, majority and simple majority exactly mean the same thing: over a half.

"A majority, also called a simple majority to distinguish it from similar terms (see the "Related terms" section<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majority#Related_terms> below), is the greater part, or more than half, of the total. -->[1]<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majority#cite_note-:7-1> It is a subset<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subset> of a set<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_(mathematics)> consisting of more than half of the set's elements."