[civsoc-mw] 50+1 for Councillors and MPs

KPD maluwakpd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 21:22:04 CAT 2020

KBK,

It is creating a bit of a problem. They should have waited for the 2024
elections to implement that.

The presidential elections were ok because, in any case, they were
nullified. Imagine the situation now where all current MPs and Councillors
were elected by simple majority. If you implement 50+1 then we are saying
that all of them were illegally. Their election should be nullified and
another election should be conducted.

I believe, like we have ignored several sections, the issue could have been
referred to parliament so that they can ratify the section.

It is a good move though. We will not havr so many independents and
chancers.