[Civsoc-mw] [NYASANET] Macron signals tougher line on immigration

Tony Thontholani tonytontho at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 18 17:29:05 CAT 2019

14 African countries use the CFA franc, a currency underwritten by the French Treasury and pegged to the Euro 💶.
The African Cell overseas French strategic interests in Africa. The Cell reports to one person: the French president. The cell has done so for over half a century now.
Fourteen former colonies are being forced to pay colonial debt. Their national reserves are held in Central Bank of France. The ex-colonies must send an annual balance report.
In 2017, the 14 countries had €10bn in the French Treasury.
You may remember that Mbeki clashed with Jacques Chirac in the Ivory Cost political turmoil. Chirac said, “Mbeki does not know the spirit of West Africa.”
In 2008 Chirac commented:”Without Africa, France will slide down into the rank of a Third World power.”

So, there you, Africa is not insignificant to French economy.