[Civsoc-mw] [NYASANET] Firewoood

Tony Thontholani tonytontho at yahoo.com
Mon May 13 21:41:35 CAT 2019

Haven’t I read somewhere recently that the British Government pumped £4.5 billion into Malawi?
That amount should be enough, I guess, to realise clean energy for the whole country. We could even have been exporting energy.

Even at the boarding school I went to, cooks used firewood to prepare food. No wonder the dudes were sweating all the time 😓

But imagine how many trees were cut down to feed us?

Our school was electrified but someone somewhere thought firewood was good for the preparation of red beans and hard starchy porridge.