[Civsoc-mw] [NYASANET] Blantyre Zoo

Tony Thontholani tonytontho at yahoo.com
Sat May 4 00:15:15 CAT 2019

I don’t think it’s a social question; it’s a cultural one.
You went to Israel and the host took you for a walk. “Ein Spaziergang” or “spazieren gehen“ 🚶‍♀️ in German or “une promenade” in French.
A translation in Nyanja is “ongola miyendo” - which, in a way, is not the same.
Linguists will ask themselves: what comes first? Language or thought. By the way, Kamuzu worked with one of the greatest minds in Linguistics while studying in the United States.
When you and your Israeli host took a walk in Bekka, you discovered a flower. You could have taken a walk in Blantyre and discover the mysterious house in Blantyre where Freemasons used to secretly gather; one of them Kamuzu Banda. You could have discovered a mysterious house near Hong Kong restaurant - as you are going to Kabila hill.
Indeed, you would have discovered a house that two years ago was painted red, and now blue.

Climbing up the same hill teaches you seeing. Nature has a lot to show us.

I did photography as an optional course at university. The lecturer told us: here, you will learn to see.

What? Funny, very funny. Who is dude trying to be?

An assignment: take a walk in this university and take pictures.