[Civsoc-mw] [NYASANET] Ministry of Agriculture and The $50mn Loan

Tony Thontholani tonytontho at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 14 00:03:41 CAT 2019

Bingu was a table-banging bureaucrat at Comesa.He was fired from Comesa in 1997 amidst several unpalatable allegations.

You are right. Bingu was a minibus operator in Lilongwe after his stint at Comesa.

I was there in 2000 when Bingu gathered youngsters into a lorry, chanting “Mwamunona Bingu? Eh! Mwamuona Bingu? Eh! Uyo Bingu! Uyo Bingu.”

Looking back, the money to hire the lorry and buy the youngsters bottles of Fanta must have come from Peter Mtharika. Peter must have remitted $500 dollars to his brother to make noise in Henderson Street.

It was around the same time that BJ quit UDF. I was there in court at Blantyre Magistrate Court. BJ had a far much large following that Bingu.