[Civsoc-mw] [NYASANET] My wallet

Tony Thontholani tonytontho at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 4 02:18:29 CAT 2019

I remember when I was a kid, in my township. Now, my township was an amalgamation of villages. And rural- village culture was always present.
A month before a wedding day there would be celebrations at night. Once in a while - before the big day - young women would gather somewhere, sing and dance, accompanied by a male drummer or male drummers.

And they would sing:

“Sindifuna siliva
Ndimafuna kwacha

“Choyamba
Wani kwacha
Chachiwiri
Thu kwacha
Chachitatu
Fili kwacha

Sindifuna siliva
Ndimafuna kwacha”

I don’t know what they would sing today. The country has simply gone to the dogs 🐕