[Civsoc-mw] [BwalolaAphunzitsi] Diploma has expired as far as secondary school teaching is concern

Levi Manda admanda2002 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 17:06:30 CAT 2018

The same government is offering diploma programmes!

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 12:22 PM MacDonald Sembereka <msembereka at gmail.com>
wrote:

> You're right Prof we seem to be caught in this web of challenges. How
> do.we deal with.the challenge you sighted of having first degree holders
> teaching in colleges.
>
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2018, 12:16 Adamson S. Muula <amuula at medcol.mw> wrote:
>
>> Rev,
>>
>> There should be a way to deal with the double problem you have raised.
>> I agree with you that it is unhelpful to hide behind academic
>> qualifications/ on account of prior achievement (hopeful) but currently no
>> juice to share. The consequences are obvious.
>>
>> On 19 September 2018 at 12:05, MacDonald Sembereka <msembereka at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> the sad scenario is that we also have people holding degrees but their
>>> levels of understanding and articulation of issues leaves a lot to be
>>> desired. Why not send those holding diplomas for further training or
>>> introduces some kind of home based degree programmes for their eventual
>>> upgrading

>>> --
>>> MacDonald S Sembereka Rev'd Canon
>>> Executive Director
>>> MANGO Key Populations NGO Network
>>> LILONGWE .
>>> Malawi.
>>> Tel:+265995494445
>>> skype:macdonald.sembereka

>> --
>> Adamson S. Muula PhD, MPH, MBBS, CPH, PGDip (Public Health Ethics), PGDip
>> (Global Health), PGD (Palliative Care)
>> Professor of Epidemiology and Public Health
>> University of Malawi, College of Medicine
>> School of Public Health and Family Medicine
>> Department of Public Health
>> Chimutu Building Room 850
>> Private Bag 360, Chichiri
>> Blantyre 3
>> Malawi
>> Email: amuula at medcol.mw
>> Cell: +265 884233486
>> Skype address: adamson.sinjanimuula
>> Publications list: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Muula
>> *orcid.org/0000-0003-4412-9773 <http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4412-9773>*
>> Webpage: http://biostat.maths.cc.ac.mw/people/staff/Adamson_S._Muula

*Levi Zeleza Manda, PhD *

*Mentor/Advisor, Social Accountability Media Initiative (SAMI)*

*Graduate School of Media and Communications*

*Aga Khan University, Nairobi, Kenya*

Development Media Consulting

P.O. Box 30546, Blantyre 3, Malawi

*+265888851486/0999661156*