[Civsoc-mw] (HigherEd) ANNOUNCEMENT (?ADVERTISEMENT?)

Louis Nthenda louisnthenda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 01:35:41 CAT 2018

Dear Fellows,

I together with a Japanese postdoctoral fellow from one of the research
institutes of the University of Tokyo have received funding for a two-year
research project (2018-20) on JOCVs in Malawi. JOCVs (Japan Overseas
Cooperation Volunteers) were first despatched to Malawi in 1971. Year 2021
will mark their 50th anniversary. The idea is to evaluate some aspects of
their work over this half century.

The purpose for this announcement in this forum is to invite :

(a) those Malawians who have been "consumers" of the JOCV product and
(b) those Malawians who have been counterparts, (worked side by side with
the volunteers or meant to carry on after the volunteers have left)
and
(c) fellow researchers in volunteer and / or development studies,

to contact me directly and privately. I will then arrange and send more
details about the project for a more structured discussion about their
experience and to obtain their insight.

The research results will be placed in the public domain in 2021.

Louis Nthenda
Japan
August 2018