[Civsoc-mw] Secondary school enrollment data 2002-2004

Diana Cammack cammack at mweb.co.za
Sun Feb 5 15:30:37 CAT 2017

How does hunger and famine track with school enrolment? Of course kids drop
out from primary grade 1 to secondary, so not linear path from 1994 to 2002.
But 2002-3 was a hunger year. Not sure if schools were doing emergency
rations/wet feeding, but probably not at secondary school anyway. Kids that
are able to work may have been pulled out of school, or dropped out then, to
work and look for food. ? just an idea? Diana