[Civsoc-mw] NIB Chief Dausi is Malawi's new Minister of Information

Louis Nthenda louisnthenda at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 09:00:07 CAT 2016

Is this a Christmas sick joke or standard disinformation programme?

During WWI & II and all other wars, a major mission of the Intelligent
Services (CIA, MI5&6, etc) has been to produce "disinformation" (Oxford
Dictionary = information which is intended to mislead). This continued
through the Cold War. And I have no doubt this is still a main mission,
even in peace time.

Imagine my disbelief upon waking up the other day and reading that Malawi's
Head of Intelligence who overseas disinformation & misinformation will also
personally decide what information / disinformation / misinformation to
feed Malawi citizens. I still can't get my head around this. Can it really
be true that APM decided and his Cabinet and Party gurus thought this was a
brilliant idea? Original to Malawi?  Please let someone tell me it ain't so.