[Civsoc-mw] DAVY: resolved - Re: try 2 to civsoc-mw (Fwd) DAVY: mailman bug - what next ?

Davie Munthali davy at sdnp.org.mw
Tue Dec 20 10:22:32 CAT 2016

I have encountered a lot of bugs while installing mailman so this is not
strange

> admin(14089): IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/etc/mailman/adm.pw'

As you have resolved it, it's an issue with the permissions. Mailman comes
with a

utility to fix such problems. The utility is called check_perms found in

/usr/lib/mailman/bin/

First you have to run the utility to check for permission as follows

[root at chambo3 bin]# /usr/lib/mailman/bin/check_perms

/etc/mailman/adm.pw bad group (has: root, expected mailman)

/etc/mailman/chambo3-etc-mailman-19-12-2016.tar bad group (has: root,
expected mailman)

/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.pyc bad group (has: root, expected mailman)

/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py-01-12-2016 bad group (has: root, expected
mailman)

/usr/lib/mailman/bin/mailman-update-cfg bad group (has: root, expected
mailman)

Problems found: 5

Re-run as mailman (or root) with -f flag to fix

Then run

/usr/lib/mailman/bin/check_perms -f

Regards

Davie