[Civsoc-mw] DAVY: resolved - Re: try 2 to civsoc-mw (Fwd) DAVY: mailman bug - what next ?

Dr Paulos B Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Mon Dec 19 17:38:14 CAT 2016

Davy,

The error log /var/log/mailman/error was listing the following error:

admin(14089): IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/etc/mailman/adm.pw'

which was blocking LOGOUT when in which mailman admin. I have cleared by

#chmod 777 /etc/mailman/adm.pw

and now it works -

Unfortunately mod 777 does open security holes so may be we nee to work on this a little bit
more

BUT I will in the meantime configuire the mailing lists and make them operational

Regards,

PC
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
NIC.MW & .mw ccTLD