[Mispa-management-l] {Disarmed} Akamai-MISPA meeting - (Fwd) RE: Akamai Maintenance [AKAM-NOCC #B-G-2O6E2PO]

Dr P Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Thu May 16 16:01:09 CAT 2019

MMC,

Akamai asked for a meeting with me to discuss progress and I had the meeting with Lukasz,
Zborowski today at 1400 Malawi time. I can pick out two or so main issues

1. They are complaining that they are seeing only one prefix being BGP advertised as listed
here below and hence the Akamai cache is being underutilised. The want all prefixes on the
MIX loaded.

2. Because the cache is being under utilised, it may take a long time for Akamai to make a
decision to give out more equipment including the router for peering till they see more
requests and more traffic to pass above a threshold for adequate use.

3. Akamai has agreed to replace the faulty server and here below is the followup e-mail from
plenczow at akamai.com sent after our meeting to confirm the server replacement.

I would therefore like to recommend that we open up a test phase for the Akamai cache to
allow all peers at the MIX to use the cache for a period of one month so that we can see
maximum traffic levels and check if we can exceed the traffic threshold for Akamai to send
us additional equipment.

Victor, would that be possible, can TNM open it up for one month testing by everyone?

Regards,

Paulos
======================
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
NIC.MW & .mw ccTLD
http://www.registrar.mw

Lukasz, 2:49 PM - Prefixes seen by Akamai

37651,102.70.2.0/23,37651,0,,
37651,102.70.4.0/23,37651,0,,
37651,102.70.6.0/23,37651,0,,
37651,102.70.8.0/23,37651,0,,