[Mispa-management-l] MIX Technician Contract - draft for comments

Dr P Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Thu Jan 17 10:42:02 CAT 2019

MMC,

Based on Minute 11 of the MISPA Management Committee (MMC) Meeting of 2018-12-14, I
have drafted a contract for the Technician for the MIX as here attached.

I would like to request you as a member of the MMC to carefully review the draft and send in
your comments and/or recommendations.

One area that I would like comments on is in Section 4 on payments where I have
recommended them to be made once every quarter rather than the normal once every
month.

My understanding of how MISPA operates, based on volunteers, leads me to make the
observation that it will be very difficult to process or make monthly payments and do these on
time. Coordinating signatories on a month-to-month basis would be very challenging
especially since they belong to different organisations, are volunteers and have their own
schedules. Delays may hence frustrate the Technician.

However, the Technician may want monthly payments and in my discussion with him he
indicates that he would prefer monthly payments.

I guess that this payments issue is in area of the treasurer and his coments would help here.

Please rwad it carefully and send me your comments.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
NIC.MW & .mw ccTLD