[Mispa-management-l] inputs from MISPA to support the workshop - Re: (Fwd) Host an AFRINIC IPv6 and INRM Training Workshop in Your Country for 2019

Dr P Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Thu Jan 3 11:15:53 CAT 2019

MISPA Management Committee,

Following a resolution by the MISPA Management Committee (MMC) to host an IPv6
Training AFRINIC Workshop in 2019, I would like to request your views on what level of
support MISPA should give to the hosting of the workshop - see minutes of the last MMC
Meeting and  https://vox.afrinic.net/189828?lang=en

Here attached are the options that AFRINIC gives on their website.  My recommendation is
that MISPA should give the following support to the workshop:
1. Accommodation for 2 traniers - MISPA books and pays for hotel
2. Airticket for one trainer - MISPA purchases on return air ticket

We can then find a local 2nd trainer or support person if AFRINIC sends assigns and sends
us only one trainer. I expect that the more support MISPA gives the better the chance for
AFRINIC to pick MISPA to host a workshop.

Hence, in addition, I propose that we leave the workshop open to any proffessional who
wants to participate, not just to members of MISPA.

I would like to invite your views on this as it demands expenditure on the MISPA bank
account. I will not proceeed with completing the AFRINIC form if I do not get your support as
MISPA Management Committee which will lead us to missing the application deadline.

I look forward to hearing from all MMC members.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
NIC.MW & .mw ccTLD