[Mispa-management-l] Akamai switch boot problems at the MIX - delays

Dr P Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Thu Apr 18 08:47:21 CAT 2019

Limbika,
Skyband,

I would like to advise that we have faced problems booting the Akamai switch ever since we
collected the Akamai machines from Skyband and this has partly delayed activating the
Akamai services at the MIX, please allow me to explain.

Once we mounted the Akamai equipment on the MIX rack we noted that when we reboot the
switch, it goes to alarm state while console cable is connected to the first Akamai machine.

In order to monitor the switch boot process we then decided to connect the switch console
terminal to our own LINUX server that we use for monitoring switches and routers on the
MIX. This cleared the alarm on the Akamai switch and we could monitor the Akamai switch
boot process.

When we returned the console cable to the Akamai servers Akamai was able to access the
machines, however, the switch still returned to alarm state after every reboot.

We have found that the problem is with the console cable that we collected from Skyband
with the Akamai equipment

I would, therefore, like to find out if you faced this issue or any others while the Akamai
equipment was at Skyband.  Such details probably would help us avoid more delays on
activating the Akamai service at the MIX.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
NIC.MW & .mw ccTLD