[Cyber-security-tech-mw-l] Should Elections Be Classified as "Critical Infrastructure"?

ICTAM Secretariat secretariat at ictam.org.mw
Mon Feb 6 13:25:21 CAT 2017

So why I brought topic was the reason that technology is changing everyday,
and key to things that happened in 2016 was the news went around all over
the world when the top intelligence organizations in USA submitted a
special report that says that the 2016 USA election results were influenced
by the Russian hacking. Now I am not suggesting that we should debate on
whether that was possible or not but  my point is if elections can be
hacked then somehow it brings the debate of whether they should be
considered a national critical infrastructure. We maybe not be handling our
elections electronically today, but surely Malawi will move with technology.

Thanks

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 4:52 PM, Yamikani Gogo Hauya <
gyhauya at aglcybersolutions.mw> wrote:

> I do agree with Andrew Pemba, in my own understanding am looking at
> critical infrastructure as infrastructure that when tampered with or hacked
> can bring a certain part or Malawi to a stand still. In other countries,
> just to add on what Pemba wrote..The Army and police systems falls under
> critical infrastructure bacause of the systems they have. In short when we
> are looking at critical infrastructure in a cyber sense ..We should think
> of systems that when tampered with or hacked can bring the country to a
> stand still, even by just stealing data... Remember Edward Snowden.
>
> Regards
>
> Yamikani Gogo Wilfred Hauya C|EH,EHCE,C|HFI |Managing Partner AGL Cyber
> Solutions Ltd

The Secretariat, ICT Association of Malawi, P O Box 31076, Lilongwe 3,
Malawi

Tel: 0995 490 069, Email: info at ictam.org.mw Web: www.ictam.org.mw