[Cyber-security-tech-mw-l] AfricaCERT 12:=?UTF-8?Q?_=E2=80=9CInternet_Secur?=ity and vulnerability disclosure - (Fwd)

Dr P Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Tue Apr 18 22:31:36 CAT 2017

Interested? ... please apply directly, Regards, Paulos

Date sent:	Tue, 18 Apr 2017 06:08:21 -0500
Subject:	AfricaCERT 12: “Internet Security and vulnerability disclosure
From:	Jean-Robert Hountomey <hrobert at africacert.org>
To:	Dr Paulos Nyirenda <paulos at sdnp.org.mw>

Dear Paulos,

We are organizing AfricaCERT 12 in Nairobi, Kenya and I think the topic will be relevant
to you and your organization.

The activities of AfricaCERT 12: “Internet Security and vulnerability disclosure” in
Nairobi, Kenya from May 21-27, 2017 are as follow:

- Bootcamp: prepare the participants May 21 (optional)

- Four-day CSIRT Management and technical workshops (May 22 to 25) in two parallels tracks:
* CSIRT Creation and Management - 2 Days (FIRST Couse on CSIRTs Operations)
* CSIRT Exercises and Drill - 1 Day
* Web defacement incident handling - 2 Days
* Understanding and effectively processing threat reports using malicious activity
reports and threats data from intelligence feeds providers. (Half Day)
* CSRIT Security Architecture with Open Source (Half Day)

- African CSIRT Day. May 26 (By invitation only)

- AfricaCERT Strategic Plan and review. May 27
* Close meeting with Members (by invitation only)
* Public meeting

Teams both established and in development are invited to participate with a team of at
least one technician in addition to one management member or a decision
maker.

AfricaCERT is organizing on the May 26, 2017 One Day Computer Security Incident Response
Team (CSIRT) meeting. This close door meeting brings together Organizations
responsible for protecting the security of nations, economies, and critical
infrastructures to meet and discuss issues and challenges they face and moreover
provides a forum
for collaboration and networking among these organizations. We would be delighted to
have you present on the African CSIRTs Day Meeting where you will be allocated ten (10)
minutes to present your CSIRT activities and the issues/Challenges you are facing.

Agenda about the AfricaCERT event will be available shortly at
https://www.africacert.org while agenda for AIS will be available at
https://internetsummitafrica.org/

For planning purpose, kindly confirm your participation before April 28, 2017. Note: The
Hotel is filling fast and is almost full.

Please note that we are unable to cover the costs of any of the fees related to your
participation in the event.  Costs related to travel, accommodation, transportation and
conference registration
will be your own responsibility. Kindly contact Madam Nancy Dotse, the Secretary to AIS
Organizing Committee (nancydotse at gmail.com) and CC: secretariat at africacert.org for
assistance in terms of logistics.

We look forward to welcoming you in Nairobi.

Regards.

AfricaCERT Meeting Team.

Paulos
Dr Paulos Nyirenda