[civsoc-mw] Use of indigenous languages

Stanley Nazombe stanley.nazombe at verizon.net
Thu Sep 24 23:54:45 CAT 2020

I grew up with the Nyirendas ( of Welcome Hotel). The only time you would they are Tongas was when they told you. They knew  one or two words in Tonga that they picked up from a visiting relative. Their Chinyanja diction was impeccable.....but in that Ndola melting pot, I was Lomwe but never knew a Lomwe word until 1974. Now you are saying you are Tonga, I could never had guessed