[civsoc-mw] Why is mother Malawi abused?

KPD maluwakpd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 10:25:22 CAT 2020

Excellent article.

In Africa political extends beyond imposition of new taxes.

 Nationalisation, citizen empowerment, country ownership.

On other aspects one finds religious connections, tribal connections,
language connections or barriers,

We have a myriad of self created impediments to attracting FDI. While
countries are clamouring to entice Elon Musk to build Tesla Gigafactory by
offering free land, tax incentives and even financial grants, on the
continent we are busy soliciting bribes from potential investors. To the
extend of forcing them to make us share holders without offering a single
tambala.

Instead of encouraging industries to flourish so that tax revenue grows
through employment and corporate tax,  we are busy forcing companies out
and creating more parastatal bodies so that we have more avenues for
looting.

Are we a cursed lot?