[civsoc-mw] Why is mother Malawi abused?

Stanley Nazombe stanley.nazombe at verizon.net
Fri Oct 9 09:46:18 CAT 2020

Shad,These are real issues you digging up here. If we really were in it as one Malawi  we would had maintained a good relationship with Mozambique because we  need the ports of Maputo, Nacala and Beira. We chose to undermine them because our Magwitch, South Africa wanted it that way. Besides; Access to the Mozambican ports is in the South, that wouldn't be  palatable to Dr Banda, a regionalist. As much as Malawi wants to move forward, there would always be this lingering thought about what's in it for me, my tribe and my region because that is hoe the first native Malawian leader set it up. To this day, I believe tea is not stressed as a cash crop because it does not grow in  the Central Region. Viphya pulpwood scheme was a hastily conceived idea that never got off the ground because  the feasibility studies were more politics than economics and engineering. The bauxite in Mulanje if it were worth mining, it would had been mined by now