[civsoc-mw] The allogance of Chisale

Charles Golomoti cwakudabii.golomoti at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 07:15:46 CAT 2020

Yes, those were rough days, KPD. That was our biblical Egypt so to say,
living under the reign of terror of the cruel Pharaoh from Chiwengo, who
made us carry "burning" bricks on our clean-shaven heads. It just boggles
the mind that Kamuzu in his infinite wisdom felt entitled to torture school
children like that, without the slightest compunction. But you know what,
the surprising thing was that we never looked at those barbaric and
diabolic acts as child-abuse. Koma Kamuzu anali nyani weniweni wamchira,
makosana. Lol...

I remember Davie (RIP) telling us a story about how Indians found it very
difficult to sing the "Mkango" part of the Mbumba song: "A Kamuzu ndi
Mkango iiiiiii, ndi Mkango". The best they could do was to sing: "Kango"
instead, i.e., "A Kamuzu ndi Kango, iiiii". And remember Kango was a brand
of mbale, mapoto, and makapu, manufactured at Makata Industrial Site by
Ecor Products. Seriously, those Indians should consider themselves lucky
for addressing Kamuzu as an equivalent of a Kango product, and not the real
Lion (of Judah?) that he was. Lol...

CWG