[civsoc-mw] Malawi’s education crisis and the use of evidence in policy, planning and practice | Afrika Aphukira

Steve Sharra stevesharra at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 17:26:26 CAT 2020

Malawi’s education crisis and the use of evidence in policy, planning and
practice

http://mlauzi.blogspot.com/2020/12/malawis-education-crisis-and-use-of.html

"When the report of the 2018 Malawi Population and Housing Census was
released in May 2019, there was one statistic that I found astounding.
Amongst 14-17 year-old Malawian youths, the official secondary school age
bracket, 82 percent of them were not in school. Only 18 percent were. I
expected this statistic, which I considered to be a national crisis, to
make front page and news headlines. It did not. Perhaps understandably. The
focus was on the overall population figure, the percentage of young people,
and other equally important findings. The education statistics largely went
unnoticed."

Full:
http://mlauzi.blogspot.com/2020/12/malawis-education-crisis-and-use-of.html

--