[civsoc-mw] Summary of Research on Diabetes

Dr P Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Tue Aug 18 12:08:53 CAT 2020

On 17 Aug 2020 at 18:31, Adamson S. Muula wrote:

> Dear Colleague,
>
> I am pleased to share with you a summary of research findings for a College of Medicine PhD
> student Mrs Chimwemwe Kwanjo
> Banda: https://theconversation.com/lessons-from-a-diabetes-clinic-in-malawi-why-everyone-shoul
> d-follow-a-healthy-diet-143909

Unfortunately, like many similar articles,  this articles also does not say what I, as a normal
Malawian, should eat to avoid diabetes or reduce it if I am already diagonised with type 2
diabetes.

Since food supply in Malawi is seasonal, unlike in developed countries where the
supermarket has everything all the time,  it would also help if such advice for Malawians
looked at the seasons. For example, we have just passed the manderin season, how much
madarines is it advisable for a diabetic to eats, daily ...similarly ...  what if we enter the mango
season or the green maize season etc ?

Is there any such articles that provides such details for an average Malawian living in town or
in the village?  ... that is what would be really useful.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
NIC.MW & .mw ccTLD