[civsoc-mw] Summary of Research on Diabetes

Stanley Nazombe stanley.nazombe at verizon.net
Tue Aug 18 02:04:09 CAT 2020

For a long time , I have thought about the Malawi situation where nsima is the main dish. When the doctor says it is diabetes, he instructs the patient to slow down on nsima portions. Unfortunately, most patients understand that to mean that they should replace nsima with rice, potatoes and bread. The study correctly points out the consumption of fruits and vegetables which make the control of diabetes easier but are not exactly  preferred as part of a Malawian meal. Changing the dish for Malawians is prudent but it is an uphill battle. Overall; I am impressed that this is  happening in my motherland. God bless Malawi