[Civsoc-mw] [NYASANET] The DPP cabal bares teeth on hapless police

Tony Thontholani tonytontho at yahoo.com
Fri May 31 13:42:29 CAT 2019

William McKinley, 54
Theodore Roosevelt, 42
William H. Taft, 51
Woodrow Wilson, 56
Warren G Harding, 55
Calvin Coolidge, 51
Herbert Hoover, 54
Franklin D Roosevelt, 51
John F Kennedy, 43
Lyndon B Johnson, 55
Richard Nixon, 55
Jimmy Carter, 52
Bill Clinton, 46

Even in the 20th Century - the trend in American voting pattern has been towards the youngish. And on this list I have deliberately left out Gerald Ford and Harry S Truman who were 60 and 61 at the start of presidency.

Look at Malawi. Kamuzu was 67 or thereabouts at start of presidency and left thirty years later.

We have a problem in Malawi. Ancients like Goodall Gondwe, what sort of new ideas are they putting on the table? It’s not he hasn’t been given a chance; he’s been tried and tested.