[Civsoc-mw] [NYASANET] Disturbing story about Malawi diplomacy

Tony Thontholani tonytontho at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 01:36:46 CAT 2019

Please, don’t mislead people using different terms for different roles.
An au pair is not a maid. I went to school in Germany with a girl from Lithuania. She was an au pair.

Of course I must say that my school was sort of preparatory. We were being groomed into university students. School was five hours a day.

Kambalame employed “Wanchito”.

And I wonder why someone - not as moneyed - would need Wanchito in the West.

And it’s a lie that Malawian diplomats have a lot of work to do. Many of them are mere children of Che Uje in Malawi.

Do your research. How many of them studied International Politics? How many of them studied History? Indeed, how many of them studied International Political Economy?

In Paris, in 2000, I attended a party at the ambassador’s house. Guess what? The man could not speak French.