[Civsoc-mw] Press release: Conduct of dry run test for result management system

Dr P Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Tue Apr 30 10:19:24 CAT 2019

On 30 Apr 2019 at 1:07, SANGWANI MWAFULIRWA wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> Find attached statement from the Malawi Electoral Commission regarding the dry run test for the
> results management system to be conducted on May 2, 2019 from 9AM.
>
> Please take note that this is a test is being carried out to detect the system´s weaknesses or
> bottlenecks, if any. Issues to do with congestion over the network and possibility of unlawful
> access to the network will also be critically assessed during this test.

In many cases, such test runs done in the public domain like this also provide opportunities
for those who want to unlawfully access the network to perpect their methods or knowledge
of the network.

It is hence my hope that the test run itself will be secure and not provide critical data for
unlawful access.

Regards,

Paulos
======================
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
NIC.MW & .mw ccTLD
http://www.registrar.mw

> The Commission envisages there could be some problems encountered in some centres and this
> is the reason for the test so that any such challenges can be addressed before the 21st of May
> 2019.
>
> A second targeted test will be run again before polling day only for the constituency tally centres
> where challenges may be encountered during the first test run.
>
>  regards
> Sangwani Mwafulirwa
> Director, Media and Public Relations
> Malawi Electoral Commission