[Civsoc-mw] A Straightforward Case of Fake Statistics - ROAPE

Tony Thontholani tonytontho at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 23:28:38 CAT 2019

In the latest exposé of Rwanda’s poverty statistics, our experts reveal the methodical faking of statistical evidence. Until now the working assumption had been that this was a methodological disagreement with the figures but in the end it turns out to be a simple, straightforward (and easy to prove) case of fake statistics. The only reason it has taken so long to prove the manipulation is that our experts had not imagined the possibility that Rwandan authorities might have misreported their own results. This blogpost includes the excel files which will allow everyone, including non-experts, to check the findings. This also means that it will be impossible for the National Institute of Statistics of Rwanda andthe World Bank to keep denying the evidence. Heads will have to roll.
http://roape.net/2019/04/18/a-straightforward-case-of-fake-statistics/