[Civsoc-mw] Fwd: Save the date...Fellow applications open Dec. 5! ⚡

Adamson S. Muula amuula at medcol.mw
Thu Oct 4 14:50:43 CAT 2018

Check out our application preview & start preparing today.
October 2018
View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/2bec366db6c9/save-the-datefellow-applications-open-dec-5?e=f13d002a57>
<https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=512ed7731f&e=f13d002a57>

Hello! We're excited you're reading this because* the health equity
movement needs leaders like YOU. *Transforming health systems so they
deliver for all will take a generation of bold, young leaders who bring
diverse skills and perspectives - plus a lot of grit and commitment - to
the challenge.

*Do you: *
...believe health is a human right for everyone, everywhere? ✔️
...thrive in community with others committed to social justice? ✔️
...think our world needs a new leadership paradigm NOW? ✔️

On December 5, we'll post *130+ fellowship roles within high-impact
organizations on the front lines of global health* in Malawi, Rwanda,
Uganda, the U.S., and Zambia. For reference, check out last year's
fellowship roles
<https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=cccd604622&e=f13d002a57>,
ranging from data analysis and communications to architecture and supply
chain management. *Note: Many GHC fellowship roles do not require prior
work experience/academic background in health.*
Application preview now live!
<https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=6dad4a198b&e=f13d002a57>

*Start prepping NOW to apply on December 5: *

   - Do your research! Why GHC
   <https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=bb26230772&e=f13d002a57>
   ?
   - Check out our application preview
   <https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=dea855e9a0&e=f13d002a57>
   to learn about our eligibility requirements and what you'll need to apply.
   - Start to gather your materials.
      - Draft your four short, personal essays.
      - Consider which current/past supervisor *you can reach out to
      <https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=0dc2138264&e=f13d002a57>*
      for recommendation letters.
      - Update your resume/CV
      <https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=8f689b8eb3&e=f13d002a57>
(making
      sure it's no longer than two pages!) and ask a friend or mentor to review
      it.
      - Renew your passport if needed OR find another document to prove
      your citizenship.
      - Secure proof - such as a transcript or a letter from your
      university - that you will have a bachelor's degree by June 30th, 2019.
   - Review our leadership practices
   <https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=0330cd8352&e=f13d002a57>
   and consider how you can you demonstrate them
   <https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=bde67e7141&e=f13d002a57>
   .
   - Learn more about what it's like to be a GHC fellow
   <https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=f26f3d3111&e=f13d002a57>
   by reading our digital publication AMPLIFY.

2019-2020 Applications Open December 5 - January 16
<https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=4391ef6028&e=f13d002a57>

*Want to learn more? Join two GHC alumni & a current fellow @ 11am EST,
Oct. 18: Facebook Live #AskUsAnything! RSVP here
<https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=ec366f8662&e=f13d002a57>.
   Featuring (left to right) : Marcela Laverde, 2014-2015 Rwanda fellow at
MASS Design; John Spangler, 2015-2016 Uganda fellow at Jhpiego; Bridget
Dela Akasreku, 2018-2019 U.S.A. fellow at New York City Department of
Health and Mental Hygiene *
[image: Facebook]
<https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=9c6901a45f&e=f13d002a57>
[image: Twitter]
<https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=2dfdad10e1&e=f13d002a57>
[image: Instagram]
<https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=934241aa1d&e=f13d002a57>
[image: Medium]
<https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=c8f2055e26&e=f13d002a57>
[image: Website]
<https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=66aa0a6d58&e=f13d002a57>
*Copyright © 2018 Global Health Corps, All rights reserved.*
Thank you for your interest in Global Health Corps!

*Our mailing address is:*
Global Health Corps
1 Penn Plz Ste 5F
New York, NY 10119-0002

Add us to your address book
<//ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/vcard?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=d8b533d07f>

You can update your preferences
<https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/profile?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=d8b533d07f&e=f13d002a57>
or unsubscribe from this list
<https://ghcorps.us11.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=39faf8ec3d9fd979ff06eb5d3&id=d8b533d07f&e=f13d002a57&c=577ff3a7ab>
.

--
Adamson S. Muula PhD, MPH, MBBS, CPH, PGDip (Public Health Ethics), PGDip
(Global Health), PGD (Palliative Care)
Email: amuula at medcol.mw
Cell: +265 884233486
Skype address: adamson.sinjanimuula