[Civsoc-mw] Was "Noriega" not a Hero?

John Lwanda lwanda2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 17 13:19:18 CAT 2018

Adamson,As O'Malley's publisher and possibly one of the few that can ask some of the dramatis personae involved my view is that Noriega was a hero and he should have been rewarded.My information was that he was not.When the compensation board came into being, some of the VIP claimants got priority.In this atmosphere the deeds of those who helped them were lost in the fog of their accumulative urges.
Our political culture is  a winner takes all and has not been reconfigured, or as Saleta Phiri said: zinthu zasintha, malamulo sanasinthe [in the sense of both the law and the rules of the game.
Even now we see and will see johnny come lately politicos getting heroes funerals when deserving cases never approach Heroes Acre!john
John Lwanda http://pamtondo.com Where a little of Malawi meets the World in Scotland!