[Civsoc-mw] This map shows where it is still illegal to be gay

Tony Thontholani tonytontho at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 00:59:07 CAT 2017

Prof 👨‍🏫,
Yes, homosexuality is sexual attraction to people of one's sex.

Thus, to say that homosexuality is illegal is either ambiguous or utterly absurd.

"Sexual attraction" is primitive. Or, I consider it as such.

No matter what the law says, there are people who are sexually attracted to people of their sex.

In a Malawian context, a male homosexual may have sex with a woman and even have children with her. But the desire towards men would still be there. In other words, he is forcing himself to see a woman as his sexual partner.

He would force himself to be in a relationship with a woman for, perhaps, obvious reasons:
a). Afraid of being ostracised (we are human beings. And we all want to belong at one point or another. Being an overt homosexual can cost you a job in a country where jobs are scarce, for instance. It even puts your life in jeopardy.
b). Religion
c). Ignorance of one's orientation (having feelings and hating yourself for harbouring such feelings)

The desire for a man - the sexual attraction - would precede the sexual act. A sexual act is merely a fulfilment of that desire. Heterosexuals engage in mutual murstbation, for instance, as a way of fulfilling their primitive heterosexual desires.

Having sex through "Anatomical sites" does not define homosexuality.

Let's say that a heterosexual male has had his penis cut off. He has a girlfriend. I guess the couple would have to negotiate ways and means of having sex.