[Civsoc-mw] a ngwazi kawiri kawiri, angwazi kawiri kawiri musatero

John Lwanda lwanda2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 1 11:06:23 CAT 2017

Days ago he said he thought being president would be easier than his previouslife – and now Donald Trump has hit out at the country’s constitution.

The president’s comments came as he reached 100 days in office, themilestone mark at which the successes of a new president are traditionallyanalysed.

In an interview with Fox News, Trump appeared frustrated that the lawsthat define America have held him back over the last three months.

He said: ‘You look at the rules of the Senate, even the rules of theHouse – but the rules of the Senate and some of the things you have to gothrough, it’s really a bad thing for the country, in my opinion.

‘They’re archaic rules. And maybe at some point we’re going to have totake those rules on, because, for the good of the nation, things are going tohave to be different.’

. at POTUS on getting things done ingovernment: "It's a very rough system. It's an archaic system…It's reallya bad thing for the country." pic.twitter.com/knhtzL1LGP

— Fox News (@FoxNews) April 28, 2017

Trump also said he was ‘disappointed’ with congressional Republicans,even though he has some ‘great relationships’ with them.

But as NBC’s Joe Scarborough noted on Twitter, the ‘archaic rules’referred to by Trump are in place to stop presidents from abusing their power.

Wrong.
It's Madison and Jefferson's checks and balances.
It's separations of power.
It frustrates would-be tyrants.
It's perfect now. https://t.co/QQeI8E7kl6

— Joe Scarborough (@JoeNBC) April 29, 2017

The more you readthis, the more offensive it becomes.
The Constitution is not "archaic."
But it is repellant to would-be tyrants. https://t.co/QQeI8E7kl6

— Joe Scarborough (@JoeNBC) April 29, 2017

Your party has amonopoly on power. How clueless to be politically impotent with such anadvantage. Don't blame America's Constitution. https://t.co/QQeI8E7kl6

— Joe Scarborough (@JoeNBC) April 29, 2017

Trump added: ‘You can’t go through a process like this. It’s not fair.It forces you to make bad decisions. I mean, you’re really forced into doingthings that you would normally not do except for these archaic rules.’

The president has struggled to act on his priorities, and has been leftfrustrated by divisions among Republicans, rebellion from Democrats, andrulings from the judiciary.

 change usa constitution for trump?koma ndiye!