[Civsoc-mw] Married Men Could Become Catholic Priests

Adamson S. Muula amuula at medcol.mw
Fri Mar 10 17:07:40 CAT 2017

Of course he didn't say unmarried priests could now marry but married men
could become priest.

So the unmarried priests will remain unmarried while married men could then
become priests.

On 10 March 2017 at 16:36, Cuthbert Kachale <cuthbertkachale at gmail.com>
wrote:

> [Sometime back, I remember saying that this first Jesuit Pope could
> radicalise the catholic church and Catholicism… The end result could be
> that celibacy would become archaic  and that Catholic fathers, brothers and
> sisters could be free to get married and continue to serve the church
> through their roles. There is nothing stronger than the sex force in human
> affairs.  Mzee.]
>

> Pope Francis
>
> *Pope Francis: married men could be ordained to ease priest shortages *
>

> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/10/pope-
> francis-married-men-could-be-ordained-to-ease-priest-

Adamson S. Muula PhD, MPH, MBBS, CPH
Professor of Epidemiology and Public Health
University of Malawi, College of Medicine
School of Public Health and Family Medicine
Department of Public Health
Chimutu Building Room 850
Private Bag 360, Chichiri
Blantyre 3