[Civsoc-mw] Malawi Law on receiving advance payments - prepaid - registrars for .mw domains

Dr P Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Tue Jun 27 11:31:40 CAT 2017

All,

I would like to find out which Malawi Law or Act covers requirements for receiving
advance payments for services like prepaid or such like services that require advance
payments.

My organization, Malawi SDNP, operates the registry for .mw domains on the Internet and
we have now moved to full automation where we are accrediting registrars for .mw domain
nationally as well as internationally.

It has come to our attention that in some countries where we have registrars, there are
legal requirements for receiving advance payments for prepaid services. SDNP needs to
reconcile those requirements with the legal framework in Malawi.

We would appreciate any input on Malawi legal requirements for prepaid services or on
payments made in advance for a service.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda