[Civsoc-mw] MINISTERIAL STATEMENT ON THE STATUS OF PUBLIC DEBT

Adamson S. Muula amuula at medcol.mw
Wed Dec 6 18:50:15 CAT 2017

I do not think I would come to that conclusion.
Perhaps to clarify the difficulty I wanted to share, I would have said:

1. subsidized fertilisers= more debt
2. high salaries in the public sector; and we largely do not make money
from this sector = more debt
3. Free medicines= more debt
4. Of course two elections every five years= more debt
5. The Flames= more debt

These are important activities of the State in Malawi. But they raise the
debt. At many points there will be tensions. On day one of most Economics
classes, they say wants/needs are many but resources are few. So choices
needs to be made. Sometimes it may be seen as better to take a debt to fund
some of the things stated above.

Email: amuula at medcol.mw
Cell: +265 884233486