[Civsoc-mw] [NYASANET] Rise of the sex robots

Tony Thontholani tonytontho at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 30 19:20:05 CAT 2017

Anoni Mous writes:

I was more disturbed by Dr. Richardson than the porn robot peddlers. In essence Dr. Richardson was saying that it is wrong for a person to derive pleasure or comfort from a nonhuman object because it disempowers other humans... That humans must be restricted to seeking sexual pleasure only with other humans and only within the constraints of a culture of which she approves.

That is a shocking violation of human rights. She doesn't get to tell others how or with whom they achieve orgasm.

I am sure that Dr. Richardson would have an entirely different point of view if one suggested that the exact same argument could be made to ban the use of vibrators. Are they not a poor mechanical copy of the genitals of a man? Couldn't they cause an emotional rift between men and women by being in some ways preferable to a real man (they are always erect and capable, one doesn't have to try to look good, one needn't laugh at their jokes, etc)

She is absurd and I am shocked that such a person would have a position of authority in an institution of science.